February 13, 2014

Birth Version of Footprints In The Sand




 
        Birth Journey with Jesus

  I had a first time momma come into the birthcenter 
  in active labor. She was the most real, sweet girl and
  I loved her from the start!   Her husband was also  
  very special to me because he was a friend of my   d    daughters and I had prayed for him during a difficult time in his life (I'll tell you that story in a different blog!)

So here we were on the big day and momma was working hard.  She got into the birth pool and I saw on her face that things were getting serious.  She was moaning the whole time.  Before, during and after a contraction she would make the Ahhhhhhh sound.  It never changed pitch and it was constant the whole time.  Her eyes were closed and the Ahhhhhhh continued.(you have to close your eyes and make this sound until your breath runs out and that's what she sounded like.)  It looked as though she were somewhere else because she didn't respond to any of the hushed noises in the room.  We kept looking at each other because we could see the signs that her labor was progressing.  Her cheeks were getting rosier and rosier and the focused unwavering intent on her face to not be moved was astounding.  A couple of times I tried to say encouraging things to her but felt like she was listening to someone else and stopped.  Her Ahhhhh's were getting lower and she opened her eyes and said "I want you to check me."  So she got out of the tub and I checked her and she was complete!  I said "Emily, your done with this part.  All you have left to do is push out your baby!"  She shut her eyes and valiantly pushed for 30 minutes and daddy caught their beautiful 8lb 12oz baby girl in a quiet peaceful room.  I heard her quietly say "Thank you Jesus" as tears streamed down her face! 

Later after she had taken her herbal bath with her baby girl she began to tell us about her birth.  She said when she began active labor she got scared and asked Jesus to help her.  She told Him she was afraid and she didn't know what to do.  Then with light in her eyes she said that Jesus showed up and they were standing on the beach.  He said to her "Take my hand and walk with  me."  She did as he said and the whole time she was laboring (Ahhhhh....) they were walking side by side down the beach.  She said she just kept looking up into his eyes.  Then He said to her "You see that bridge up in the distance?"  She nodded her head to her Lord.  He said "When we get to that bridge you will be done."  She continued walking (Ahhhhh....) It was shortly after that time that she looked up and they were standing at the bridge.  Jesus was smiling at her.  She asked me to check her and that's when she was complete.  As she tells her story we all have tears running down our faces!  She said "Ann, I walked with Jesus!"  She seemed as excited about that as she was that she was holding the fruit of her journey and labor.

This young woman was not crazy or weird.  She was just in love with Her new Lord and had depended on Him for everything since she met Him.  He was there at her birth and we were privileged to be able to watch her labor and birth her baby from a power and grace that was not her own. 

No comments: