October 20, 2008

I can't say that anymore!

One of the most common questions that I get when a newly preganat mommy is interviewing me is " How often do you miss a birth due to another birth and what happens?" I have prided myself on always being able to say "I have never in my twenty years of being a midwife ever had to miss a birth because of another birth." Most couples are very comforted by this amazing statistic! I assure them that if it ever did happen that I have awesome midwives that I work with who will fill in for me. Now, I have missed births from being out of town or ill but NEVER until this weekend did I EVER miss a birth because of another birth! Thats because God knows where I need to be and I can't be two places at once, right? Ok, I have missed births because the laboring mom did a wham bam thank you mam' kind of labor and baby came before I could get there but NEVER EVER did I miss a birth because of another birth! I can't say that anymore. I'm sad. It bothers me. My sweet husband keeps reminding me that now I can say I've only missed 3 births due to another birth in twenty years. Still pretty good, right? So....its the end of an era. God and I are talking about it. Well, I'm doing most of the talking and He's listening and waiting for me to stop talking to speak. (so I'll hear Him) He's so sweet like that. I will blog about this weekend that took my breath away later. I'm still talking to God.

No comments: